What are substantive office actions under your package?
Substantive office action matter includes the following.
- Marks that are initially rejected for being merely descriptive;
- A refusal based on geographically descriptive;
- A refusal based on surname;
- The refusal based on deceptive matter;
- The likelihood of confusion; and
- Any other generic refusal, etc.
USPTO examining attorney usually gives 6 months to respond to this initial rejection through office action. Extension of time may be awarded for a response to office action by the timely filing of extension for a USPTO fee. Please check trademark FAQs for detailed on trademark matters. You can order a substantive office action response package by selecting the appropriate option at the below button.