Federal registration at USPTO gives a lot of rights and advantages. They include the following:
- Exclusive use of the trademark in all the states.
- Presumed validity of the trademark.
- Constructive ownership of the mark to the public.
- Right to use ® on your trademark.
- Federal court subject matter jurisdiction for infringement purposes. You can sue in federal court.
- Statutory damages are available for valid federal infringement claims.
- Recordation of the mark with US Customs to stop the import of counterfeiting and gray market goods.